"I am a reader not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many"

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (2016), with Eva Green directed by Tim Burton - BOOK vs MOVIE

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children 

directed by Tim Burton



I was waiting impatiently for this movie to come out, first because I read the first book of the Trilogy by Ransom Rigg and second because I'm a huge fan of Tim Burton. I was slightly desapointed by the book for its overly simplify writing style and plot, it had good premises but it wasn't able to use their full potential, leaving the book on a childish level as I wrote in my review. What I was expecting from the movie was to see Tim Burton putting all the creepiness together and giving the story a more adult-like form. The movie is based on the best-selling Trilogy by Ransom Rigg, what I did not expected from it was to be based on the first and going behind it, making the story whole for one installment, so watching it might have spoiled the next books for me. Thanks Tim! 

The story tell us about Jake (Asa Butterfield) who discovers clues to a mystery that spans different worlds and times, he finds a magical place known as Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children. But the mystery deepens as he gets to know the residents and learns about  their special powers and the enemies they are against. Ultimately, Jake discovers that only his own special "peculiarity" can save his new friends.

The movie tries to be quite faithful to the book apart from some character changes as Emma and Olive powers are reversed in  the movie, it's also thanks to this that the scene in the submarine is a spectacular one. 


I get why he couldn't stop just at the first book, since there is not so much action to begin with. And so the movie moved slowly in the first part, concentrating all the action end and rushing most of it. The costumes, the special effects and graphic are beautiful and do keep the typical style of Tim Burton.
I'm not sure whether or not I will watch this movie again since it was nothing special. It turn out ok, as the book, but the Tim Burton factor makes this movie win over the book.

MOVIE WINS!!!

Books Review: 

Movie trailer:





2 commenti:

  1. wait wut? The movie are the first two books of the trilogy? (I haven't read it yet and already seen the movie.. I know #SHAMESHAME)
    https://wanderbooklust.blogspot.be

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Tim Burton goes behind the first book, still need to check the second book. I didn't like the first that much so we will see when that will happen ...XD

      Elimina