"I am a reader not because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many"

Summer Books - 2017


The sun's out, the weather is nice and I can't wait to pick up all my books and lay out in the garden to read. I'm already planning my summer reads and I want to share with you some of the books I'm planning on reading in this hot weather!

1- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) by Jenny Han


It wouldn't be summer without a good romance and for me, that means Jenny Han. Her writing skills are amazing, and the simple and cosy story she creates are just perfect. Always and Forever, Lara Jean is the follow-up to the New York Times bestselling To All the Boys I've Loved Before. it still nowadays one of the best romance series I ever read, maybe because more than romance we are talking about love. Love for our family, love for our friends, love for ourselves and of course also passionate love. 

In this third instellement in the series, Lara Jean is having the best year a girl could hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad's finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot's coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding.
But change is looming on the horizon.And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father's wedding, she can't ignore the big life decisions she has to make. most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means fro her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean's the one who'll be graduating school leaving for college and leaving her family - and possibly the boy she loves - behind.
When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?

I just order it on Book Depository and I can't wait to relax and read it!

2- Release by Patrick Ness


If you have been following me for a while you'll know my blind love for Patrick Ness, I was craving something new from him this whole year and finally Release come out this month. Patrick Ness is such an amazing writer, he is able to create unique stories while always portraying themes like diversity, discrimination, friendship and love. (--> Check out A Monster Calls review and the BOOK vs MOVIE review)


Inspired by Mrs. Dalloway and Judy Blume's Forever, Release is one day in the life of Adam Thorn, 17. It's a big day. Things go wrong. It's intense, and all the while, weirdness approaches...

Adam Thorn is having what will turn out to be the most unsettling, difficult day of his life, with relationships fracturing, a harrowing incident at work, and a showdown between this gay teen and his preacher father that changes everything. It's a day of confrontation, running, sex, love, heartbreak, and maybe, just maybe, hope. He won't come out of it unchanged. And all the while, lurking at the edges of the story extraordinary and unsettling is on a collision course.

3- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J.Maas

Sarah J.Maas is a must read if you love the YA  and High-Fantasy genre. The writing is beautiful, the action is engaging, the plot are well developed and the characters have a good psychological depths.
I really enjoyed the ACOTAR series so far, it starts of has a retelling of the Beauty and the Beast but develops as an independent story.( --> Check out the 2017 Beauty and the Beast movie review, and if you love retellings I made a post on The Beauty and The Beast ones) 

Looming war threatens all Feyre hold dear in the third volume of the New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.  
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin's maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit-and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords - and hunt fro allies in unexpected places.

Sounds exciting, right? I can't wait for it! 

4- The Circle by Dave Eggers


The movie (--> Check out Book to Movie adaptations 2017) it's in the theater right now and I wasn't able to read the book in time for the release - thanks to my uni exams - so I'll probably gonna catch up with everything this summer.

The Circle is about a young women, Mae Holland, who takes up a job at a Google-like tech company where she quickly climbs the corporate ladder. But the new technology that they are developing is threatening the freedom and autonomy of the human king.

The plot had me at the hook at the breaking of every privacy criteria, something that we have to consider more every day.

5- On the Road by Jack Kerouac


Every summer I pick up a book about an adventure or a travel, as I usually say - if you can't live it, read it-, last summer I pick up Wild by Cheryl Strayed and loved it (--> Check out Wild review, BOOK vs MOVIE review), so this year I want to finally read the book icon of the Beat generation.
On the Road chronicles Jack Kerouac's years traveling the north American continent with his friend Neal Cassady, "a sideburned hero of the snowy West." As "Sal Paradise" and "Dean Moriarty", the two roam the country in a quest for self-knowledge and experience. Kerouac's love of America, his compassion for humanity, and his sense of language as jazz combine to make On the Road an inspirational work of lasting importance.

----------------------------------


This  is a part of my TBR for the summer. What about you? Any book to recommend?

4 commenti:

  1. On a scale of 1 to 10 how cute is Jenny Han's romance trilogy? Fun fact, my dad bought me only the second book in the ACOTAR trilogy (I hope is not going to turn into a series ha-ha) as a present. Also, have you seen the movie adaptation of The Circle?

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Really cute, I will give it a 8/10 for cuteness!
      Well bad news for ACOTAR for now 6 books are in program, number 6 is to be released in 2020. XD
      I'm waiting to read the book before watching the movie The Circle, even though I haven't heard great things about it until now... but we will see ;)

      Elimina
    2. Alright, I am going to check out Jenny Han's books plus what the net has to say about them.
      What the f-ing f? Six books! Six!!! OH my GOD that is a lot of commitment. I have too many long term commitment books in my TBR.
      I heard the same things too about The Circle.

      Elimina
    3. I know it gave me an heart attack when I read how many book S.J Maas was going to write for the series! XD

      Elimina